5 Signs You May Need a Facelift
November 29, 2012
Many of my patients in the US think facelift surgery is reserved for a specific age. However, age is not always a determining factor. Here are 5 signs that you could benefit from a facelift:
- You have deep lines around your mouth.
- The skin around your jawline is loose.
- Your cheeks sag, or you have a loss of volume in the middle portion of your face.
- Your jawline is less defined, or “jowling” is beginning to develop.
- You are unhappy with an overly full neck or loose skin on your neck.
These signs can occur at any age, but they tend to become more pronounced as we get older. How concerned you are about the aging of your face is really what determines when you are ready for a surgical procedure.
A facelift essentially moves your facial muscles, and the skin and other tissue covering them, back to their original locations. The result is a more youthful appearance. To find out whether a facelift is appropriate for you, you can send your photos to email@example.com for a no obligation assessment including cost estimate.
By: Michael Menachof, M.D.