About Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery
June 6, 2013
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery refers to surgical procedures that represent a blend of art and science. The word aesthetic has been defined as “the appreciation of beauty or good taste”. The word plastic is derived from the Greek word plastikos, meaning to mold or shape. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery refers to procedures that are designed to reshape normal structures of the body so that one’s appearance and self esteem will be improved. Typically, all Plastic Surgery procedures including reconstructive procedures have an aesthetic component as restoring form and function are best accomplished when the surgeon has a true sense of what is beautiful and therefore aesthetically pleasing.
There are three main categories of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Procedures and these categories can be subdivided as follows:
Aesthetic Plastic Surgical Procedures of the face
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid rejuvenation)
- Rhinoplasty (Nasal cosmetic procedure)
- Facelift and Necklift
- Midface Lift (Rejuvenation of the lower lid/cheek junction)
- Otoplasty (Procedures to reposition protruding ears)
- Alloplastic augmentation (facial implants designed to enhance facial volume)
Aesthetic Plastic Surgical Procedures of the breast
- Augmentation Mammaplasty (Breast Enlargement or Breast Implant)
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift often combined with Breast Augmentation)
- Reduction Mammoplasty (Reduce the size of the breast often for functional as well as aesthetic improvement)
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Procedures for Body Contouring
- Liposuction (removal of deposits of fat by traditional suction techniques or the adjunctive use of ultrasonic energy to aid in fat removal)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck / modified or full depending upon the degree of laxity of the abdominal wall)
- Thigh lift (lifting the inside and / or outside of the thighs for improved shape)
- Belt lipectomy (typically performed after significant weight loss)
- Brachioplasty (reduction of size of the arms from the axilla to the elbow)
Over the next few weeks our blog will provide you with information on each procedure, providing our readers with information such as:
- General information on what the procedure entails.
- Average length of surgery time.
- Possible side effects and risks.
- A brief outline on the recovery process after having these procedures.
All of the procedures above (and more) are offered by Phuket International Aesthetic Center by world renowned fully qualified plastic surgeons, namely. Dr Sanguan Kunaporn (member and national secretary of The International Society of Plastic Surgeons – ISAPS), Dr Veerawat Tirananmongkol (member of ISAPS), Dr Rushapol Sdawat (member of ISAPS), Dr Boonchai Taweerattanasil (member of ISAPS), Dr Narupon Rojanapithayakorn (pending member of ISAPS) and Dr Thanakom Laisakul (pending member of ISAPS).
Phuket International Hospital has, since 2012, been awarded JCI recognition (The Joint Commission International, the global leader in accrediting health care organizations).The declared mission of the JCI organization is ‘To continuously improve health care for the public, in collaboration with other stakeholders, by evaluating health care organizations and inspiring them to excel in providing safe and effective care of the highest quality and value.’
If at any time you require even more information on a procedure, our team of experienced foreign coordinators is always at hand and willing to assist you with a booking or answer any questions you may have. The coordinators are also able to make your surgical booking for you and provide information regarding flights and hotel accommodation. They are contactable via e-mail: [email protected] or by phone: +66 76 361899.